Monday, February 23, 2009

Reading and A Show

I am reading with Noelle Kocot this Wednesday, 2/25, at 7 p.m. in NYC.

Here is the address:

Home Sweet Home
131 Chrystie Street

More information can be found here.

It is an honor to read with Noelle Kocot. She is one of my favorite poets of all time. I remember a few years ago, teaching her poems in many poetry classes, screaming at the top of my lungs about their importance. For example, in The Raving Fortune, the color green is everywhere and it is very important. "Green!" I used to shout to all my students, while some looked on bewildered and others nodded in understanding. It is my great luck to share my work alongside such a great poet like Noelle.

Speaking of greatness, on the same night as my reading there is some great theater happening right down the street. Laboratory Theater is performing "GIT ALONG LIL DOGGIES" on 161 Chrystie Street at both 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. If you were asking for my advice, I might advise to you to catch my reading and then make their 9 p.m. show. Or, if you are pressed for time Wednesday night, catch their 7 p.m. show and see me read another time. Although this latter option is not the kind of advice I would give. Still, you should not miss one of their shows. Here is the address information:

161 Chrystie Street (btw Rivington and Delancey)

More information can be found here.

Hope to see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Followers