Friday, February 06, 2009

Books you should buy

There are so many great new books out in the last few months. I think you should buy Frank Sherlock's Over Here and Sueyeun Juliette Lee's That Gorgeous Feeling and CA Conrad's The Book of Frank. I have heard that Eric Baus's Tuned Droves is almost available for purchasing. Ish Klein's book Union! is out. Here is a new blog with links of information about it. You can buy the book here.

I wrote a blurb about the book (see below) and in it, I call Ish Klein a genius. I have also called Ish Klein a genius on this very blog. I mean it when I say Ish Klein is a genius. I am not a liar. You need to buy her book and all the books above. I am very serious about this.

Here is my blurb about Union!:

I have long been a fan of the theory of connectionism and its burgeoning use in our contemporary world. That after we have broken apart every piece of life we can in the deconstruction (destruction) of postmodernism, we might take flight and put it all back together again. To say that Ish Klein is one of the few geniuses alive today would an understatement. Her first collection of poems, Union!, does everything to prove this. In this book Klein takes the broken pieces of language we have among us, scattered all over the universe, and makes a new, universal singing of our forgotten ideals. She connects all the pieces that don’t quite make sense all blown apart and makes a beautiful language for us, one that is so achingly beautiful it is somewhat easy to swallow the whole universe with every poem. Ish Klein does this for us all. That we might have a connected language to go forth with. And it is not a new language she makes for us, it is an old language. Come now, listen to our old language. Read Union!. Be one of us.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Connectionism! Like consilience or complecity. Integrative, not deconstructive. I used to say, in 1980, 'i want to learn to play the synthesiser'.
antithesis without synthesis is useless.
thank you for your poems.

Dorothea Lasky said...

Woo hoo! I couldn't agree more--antithesis without synthesis is nothing.

The time is now, too! I am so glad you feel this way.

Thanks for your comment and have a very nice day!

Followers