Monday, December 10, 2007
When Laura came over smiling yesterday, saying "I have a present for you!" I was confused as I didn't see an iPhone or some grapes in her hand (since those are two things I always want). I was still confused as she brought out of her bag what looked to be a tub of rancid hummus (is that possible?). I was PISSED when she opened the tub of rancid hummus and tried to smear it all over my hands. "It's Shea Butter," she said, "It's a cure-all." All I could say at first was, "What the hell is that?" Then I grumpily put it on my hands, face, hair, and dog's head as she instructed.
I didn't believe that Shea Butter was a cure-all until I tried it. But in just a few hours after applying it, my skin and hair have never been so soft and healthy. You really should try it. Winter is fast approaching. It is already here really. You might not have a giant live grizzly bear to keep your warm during these cold months (who does these days, really?), but for a few dollars you can have a pound of Shea Butter. Not everyone out there cares about having soft and healthy skin and hair, but I think you do. This is not a commercial. This is me telling the world that I was wrong and me trying to make it right. Laura, I was wrong and you were right (like always). I was wrong, but now I am right. Softly right, which is the best kind.
Listen, just buy some Shea Butter already.
If I can't make it to the grocery store today, I might try to eat it. I doubt it could be bad for the digestive system.
- Animal Rescue Site (click on purple button to give animals food)
- Bird in Snow (The Home of the Tiny Tour for my New Book, AWE)
- Bits and Bobbins
- Katalanche Press
- Look What I Can Do Animals
- My Flickr
- My PennSound page
- My Reading Schedule
- My Wave Books author page
- Myspace (Dorothea Lasky)
- Old Weird Deer
- Painters and Poets
- Parallel Bars Reading Series
- Virb (Dorothea Lasky)
- Weird Deer
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (182)
- The Quinz loves Samuel Beckett
- Blythe in the Wonderland!
- プチブライス バードソングデュエット Petite Blythe- Bird Song Duet
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- I love this
- The Monkees - Sweet Young Thing
- Bob Dylan - Isis (Live 1975)
- The Shining (the best scene)
- Strawberry Shortcake
- She-Ra opening
- Rainbow Brite Opening
- Jem Opening
- THE FACES music video (2005)
- More Dewey love (my love doth never end)
- The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba
- John Dewey's Art as Experience
- Dean Martin - Young At Heart
- You want some good news?
- Shea Butter
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through The Night (Solid Gold)...
- Alan Davies and Frank Sherlock are reading in Bost...
- Casiotone for the Painfully Alone,
- ▼ December (23)