In the dream, the tiger was alive but the child did not notice
Its gills were made of moss and the child wept and walked
And had no idea that the tiger was eating its own gills.
She had been in a clean white room for over 2 days,
Had slept and woke, eaten lemon water through her nostrils,
Her bleeding heart like a bleeding windmill within itself.
When she happened upon the tiger she did not notice
But we in the bus did.
We had been talking about love, six girls and a gay guy.
Juliette had worn grey shampoo, not washed out and we told her she looked old.
Mabel had red stockings. I had nine etchings I had bought at a thrift store.
Three were of a scene that progresses from
One man scared of love until his dying day with a graceful mistress.
There was death in the air when the tiger bit.
The child’s limbs were shotty anyway, now she was simply a mess of bone.
We wanted to cry but we couldn’t help thinking that it was all kind of beautiful:
The tiger, the bus, the red stockings.
The sun bleeding in spite of itself.
The sun’s heart like a bleeding spirt that lights the world.
Don’t you see, it is the sun that lights the world?
You take it all very simply, but it is the sun that does it all.
And without it you would be swimming in darkness,
Unsure of tiger, leech, or bitter friend.
- Animal Rescue Site (click on purple button to give animals food)
- Bird in Snow (The Home of the Tiny Tour for my New Book, AWE)
- Bits and Bobbins
- Katalanche Press
- Look What I Can Do Animals
- My Flickr
- My PennSound page
- My Reading Schedule
- My Wave Books author page
- Myspace (Dorothea Lasky)
- Old Weird Deer
- Painters and Poets
- Parallel Bars Reading Series
- Virb (Dorothea Lasky)
- Weird Deer
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (182)
- I've Got A Thing About Seeing My Grandson Grow Old...
- Cat Stevens - Where Do The Children Play
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- EDDIE RABBITT - I Love A Rainy Night
- Noisettes IWE
- Noisettes - Don't Give Up
- Noisettes - Scratch Your Name: Performance Version...
- Lady Lazarus (Sylvia Plath) I...
- Sylvia Plath Reads Lady Lazarus
- Fever 103° (Sylvia Plath) Pure? What does it mea...
- The Fire that burns the bird The fire of the poe...
- Sylvia Plath Reads 'Fever 103'
- talking dog
- Dramatic Chipmunk
- Doom In the dream, the tiger was alive but the ch...
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- John Travolta - SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER More than a w...
- Cyndi Lauper True Colors World Liberty Concert 199...
- "The great and golden rule of art, as well as life...
- Very compelling argument for action against climat...
- Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again - Live 1977...
- Never Going Back Again, (Fleetwood Mac) She broke...
- Even if one were able to render the whole of the c...
- Black barn Death was never the problem It was lif...
- French Bulldog Puppies
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love (Live '73)
- Mariah Carey - against all odds
- Phil Collins
- Phill Collins - Easy Lover Live
- Icehouse - Electric Blue
- Listen To The Music / The Doobie Brothers
- Ever Read a Book Called Awe? _____________________...
- Muppet Movie - The Rainbow Connection
- ▼ June (33)