Death was never the problem
It was life, that was the problem for me
Getting life, that is what I wanted
Except I couldn’t get it, no matter how hard I tried
I tried and tried and my heart burst with trying
My throat closed with regret, o throat
You never knew the way to anywhere
So I left you where I found you
By the road
Black butterfly that rains so
On the barn
There are so many of you, my blackness
And the things you tell me
Are not so much trite
As they are old
And I don’t want anybody around me
When I die
I want to go
As peacefully as I came
Onto this earth, not the horror I have become
Black life that has left me
No mother, no sister
No father, no lover, no child
I knew no dog to come when called
I only knew the notes of the universe
They came when called
And when they came to me
Like long lost brothers
And when I speak to you now
My long lost brothers have called me home
- Animal Rescue Site (click on purple button to give animals food)
- Bird in Snow (The Home of the Tiny Tour for my New Book, AWE)
- Bits and Bobbins
- Katalanche Press
- Look What I Can Do Animals
- My Flickr
- My PennSound page
- My Reading Schedule
- My Wave Books author page
- Myspace (Dorothea Lasky)
- Old Weird Deer
- Painters and Poets
- Parallel Bars Reading Series
- Virb (Dorothea Lasky)
- Weird Deer
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (182)
- I've Got A Thing About Seeing My Grandson Grow Old...
- Cat Stevens - Where Do The Children Play
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- EDDIE RABBITT - I Love A Rainy Night
- Noisettes IWE
- Noisettes - Don't Give Up
- Noisettes - Scratch Your Name: Performance Version...
- Lady Lazarus (Sylvia Plath) I...
- Sylvia Plath Reads Lady Lazarus
- Fever 103° (Sylvia Plath) Pure? What does it mea...
- The Fire that burns the bird The fire of the poe...
- Sylvia Plath Reads 'Fever 103'
- talking dog
- Dramatic Chipmunk
- Doom In the dream, the tiger was alive but the ch...
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- John Travolta - SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER More than a w...
- Cyndi Lauper True Colors World Liberty Concert 199...
- "The great and golden rule of art, as well as life...
- Very compelling argument for action against climat...
- Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again - Live 1977...
- Never Going Back Again, (Fleetwood Mac) She broke...
- Even if one were able to render the whole of the c...
- Black barn Death was never the problem It was lif...
- French Bulldog Puppies
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love (Live '73)
- Mariah Carey - against all odds
- Phil Collins
- Phill Collins - Easy Lover Live
- Icehouse - Electric Blue
- Listen To The Music / The Doobie Brothers
- Ever Read a Book Called Awe? _____________________...
- Muppet Movie - The Rainbow Connection
- ▼ June (33)