Saturday, December 02, 2006

Emily D

Emily D

Dear love you tell me of Emily D
Who locked herself in the closet, oh did she lock
Her heart away, it was sailing
Across the great oceans with blue night, I knew her once
When I went to that house that she did the writing
And I saw the insanity that makes a man
I am insane
But only in my heart
My mind is lost forever in its inequity
It rations the deed and dead like the rest of us
Do we even know the lesson we are left to learn?
Are things not fully spaced, the heart it did fold
I felt myself lessening, my mind was locked
Upon one door in one house
I left my rat heart on the table
I took my bird mouth to the door
I let out a cat scream
It echoed through the halls
But they didn’t hear me, the house was full of fire
The smoke is blinding, but then it is the fire
That burns you, you have no mind
And you lessen within yourself.
And you don’t go awry as much as you leave.
And hide in another universe where things don’t burn
Did Emily D even have a shot?
She had one chance lost and locked in fate
I guess that is what we all have
One chance locked in fate
A fixed thing we can't ever move

No comments:

Followers