The dodo bird
Some have described
The dodo’s beak as actually grotesque.
It was long, pale yellow, and crooked.
But what other thing is like that? The sun!
And the sun upon my winglets
Has made me something no other bird or sun can compare.
And in mediating myself upon the bird
I have found that I could actually love.
My love, what are you that the dodo isn’t?
Economy, the black mark on the sun,
The childless watch over the heavens?
Or is the dodo the thing growing from the sun spoke?
Yes, yes, that is you.
- Animal Rescue Site (click on purple button to give animals food)
- Bird in Snow (The Home of the Tiny Tour for my New Book, AWE)
- Bits and Bobbins
- Katalanche Press
- Look What I Can Do Animals
- My Flickr
- My PennSound page
- My Reading Schedule
- My Wave Books author page
- Myspace (Dorothea Lasky)
- Old Weird Deer
- Painters and Poets
- Parallel Bars Reading Series
- Virb (Dorothea Lasky)
- Weird Deer
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (182)
- ► 2007 (218)