Kristin and I ran for 8 miles today. It is hard for me to believe that I used to run twice that much everyday when I was 18. And even though it is hard for me to remember my name right now, it is nice also to remember that running sometimes makes me fall in love with being alive.
Earlier this weekend, I went to Boston to read at the New England Institute of Art and most specifically to sit in David Blair's Creative Writing class. I used to teach at that school and although I have only the fondest memories of all my own students, I can't help but think that right now there are some awfully nice ones around there. They drew me pictures:
That was drawn during my reading and is the Elephant Jesus in my "Dear friend" poem. And then this wonderful girl drew this one during class:
Also, other cool things happened this weekend or over this past week. Charlie Wright from Wave Books was interviewed on the PBS NewsHour.
Travis Nichols had a brilliant piece published in Poets & Writers this month on John Ashbery. I don't think you can read it online, so that means you better buy the magazine.
Also, even though I have had her CD for over a year and have loved lots of her songs on it, today I got some really kind feelings towards Regina Spektor's song "Better." Some people never feel anything at all.
- Animal Rescue Site (click on purple button to give animals food)
- Bird in Snow (The Home of the Tiny Tour for my New Book, AWE)
- Bits and Bobbins
- Katalanche Press
- Look What I Can Do Animals
- My Flickr
- My PennSound page
- My Reading Schedule
- My Wave Books author page
- Myspace (Dorothea Lasky)
- Old Weird Deer
- Painters and Poets
- Parallel Bars Reading Series
- Virb (Dorothea Lasky)
- Weird Deer
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (182)
- The Clash-Complete Control
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors (original video)
- Sylvia Plath's birthday
- Jeff Mangum - Two Headed Boy part II - Live at Jit...
- Sunshowers by M.I.A.
- MC Lyte - Lyte As A Rock (Video Version)
- Bright Eyes - At The Bottom Of Everything
- Fred Claus
- Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize
- missy elliott - we run this
- We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel
- ▼ October (13)